Garlic Bread without oven
Today I am going to show you my recipe that satiates my cravings for a delicious garlic bread anytime. Since, I am a vegan, all the ingredients used here are vegan and cruelty free. What do you do on a lock-down quarantine days like these?
Servings: 2 persons
- 1/4 cup Warm Water Make sure it is not hot, just lukewarm water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Chilly Flakes
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic powder or garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Oregano, chilly flakes, salt to taste
- Add sugar to the warm water and stir it till sugar dissolves. Add the dry yeast powder, stir, cover tightly and rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix all the dry ingredients. Add yeast mixture and mix. Keep mixing gently, the dough should become sticky.Keep kneading and stretching for 15 minutes. Add a little water if required.The dough will start to come together after about 15 minutes. At this stage, apply a little oil and cover with a cling film or tight lid. Rest for 1-2 hours depending on the temperature at your place. Dough will triple in size, so use a bigger bowl to rest.Pre-heat a cooker or deep pan for about 15 minutes, our normal gas-stove oven style.Apply oil to your hand and beat the dough, which should have risen nicely.Roll gently and a bit thicker than a roti / chapati / tortilla. Apply some garlic paste all over the rolled bread and close it. Brush some garlic butter on the top layer. Make some cuts gently to give the partitions, but do not pinch the dough inside down.Grease your pizza tray or any plate which fit into your pan or oven set-up. Sprinkle a little flour and place the seasoned dough. Put the plate into the pan and cover.Bake for about 15 minutes on medium flame, check for the crispiness you want.Bake a little more for a more crispier crust.Brush a little butter after placing on serving plate. Serve hot with ketchup.
Do let me know how your recipe turns out.