Dark Chocolate brownie (Vegan,without Oven)
Are you feeling that your life has taken a different turn and you’re lost without your dessert dates?Jump to Recipe
It was the first week after lockdown was announced. For the first time I had witnessed the curfew too. COVID-19 really scared us all in here in India. People were confused and clueless about what was the real deal about the virus that hit the whole world. Unexpectedly, people were stranded in foreign countries and not allowed to travel, schools and offices called off or work-from-home, poor people lost their jobs, small industries suffered too and markets went bad.
Now, this was a curve too hard to ignore! This really gave a new turn to a lot of journeys and minds. And here, I was thinking what I would do at home, without my office and friends, with my mom who does willingly participate in us being at peace when together. We both want to do everything to go our way in the house, though she is old; and one, too busy or cranky (yeah, that’s me).. So, that’s how my love for baking showed up. I remember, it was an afternoon on 24th March, 2020 and impromptu brownie making decision was made.
I was so excited as if I had got an intern’s job at a bakery next door! I did well too! And then it was time for me to give it to my family for tasting. My mom, being a champion in all sports in her young age and have learnt baking, might have secretly wanted her girls to learn baking – but never really spoke about it or taught us… haha. Surprisingly, she was happy and she complimented and was nice to us the whole day!! That was when I told myself that now no more stopping, let’s make some dessert for her daily..!
I prefer healthy alternatives and options when it comes to putting something into my belly, even if it’s a dessert! And for the first time I let it loose.. Being a vegan, all the ingredients I chose were plant-based, except for the flour. After this attempt, I made a whole-wheat chocolate lamington cake too, the recipe of which will follow this week. So, stay tuned..
Let’s see what it takes to make this simple, yummy, perfect, vegan, chocolaty brownie..
Dark Chocolate Brownie
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Make sue to use vegan chocolate
- ½ cup Butter Plant-based
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ cup Milk Plant based
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a double boiler set-up, melt ½ cup dark chocolate and ½ cup butter, mix well
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and mix well
- Add the milk gradually and mix well, make sure no lumps are formed
- Take a pressure cooker, remove the gasket and whistle from the lid and pre-heat it forabout 10-15 minutes on a medium flame
- Add vanilla extract to the batter and combine well
- Grease a baking tray or mould which will fit in the cooker and pour the batter into it
- Tap the mould 2-3 times gently to remove air-bubbles, if any
- Place a steel plate or a bit heightened tray in to cooker and place the mould on it
- Let it bake for about 25-30 minutes, do a toothpick test to check if the brownie is cooked well
- Now, the brownie is ready, remove it from the mould
- Melt the remaining dark chocolate with the double boiler method and pour it over the cooked brownie. Cut it into square pieces and you're done
- Serve it hot with tea or coffee, or have it in breakfast or as a dessert in dinner with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream on it
Just made this and it’s so so good! The salt level was perfect. Absolutely loved it. Just added some nutritional…
Thank You! 🙂
Thank you! 🙂 Olive Oil works so well too!
This is a lovely hummus recipe. Probably a little too much salt. I used olive oil rather than grape seed…
Awesome! Tha ks for sharing your feedback! 💚