Vegan, easy recipe, minimum ingredients and no oven needed!
This week, I tried my hand for the first time on making mini-cinnabons at home, thanks to my cravings! I have used @good.mylk vegan butter and @sofitindia soy milk, you can use as per what is available with you. Am sure, this will turn out to be a nice dish to have while your Netflix-Quarantine!
Pardon the unedited and untidy pictures, I really didn’t think I will post any about this as I didn’t know how it will turn out to be.
I am a fan of cinnamon and I love to add it in everything I can! Crazy right? What a delicious flavor it is! Since ages, it is used for it’s high medicinal properties and has many benefits in general also. Check out 10 Evidence-based Health Benefits of Cinnamon and you’ll know what I mean!
Mini Cinnamon Rolls / Mini-Cinnabons
- 1½ cup All purpose flour
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter (Vegan, I used GoodMylk)
- ½ cup Milk (Plant based, I used Soya Milk)
- ¾ cup Cinnamon (Preferably Indonesian or Sri Lankan)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Warm Water
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Dry Yeast
- Make the Yeast Mix: Whisk the sugar, warm water and yeast together in a bowl. Rest aside for 10 minutes.
- Make the dough: In a bowl, Mix together the yeast mixture with flour and salt. Add butter and milk together and warm a bit. Next, stir the butter mixture into the dry ingredients. At this point, your dough is ready to knead!
- Knead the dough: You can use your mixer or hands to knead the dough. When you’re finished kneading for about 15 minutes, applya bit of oil and cover the dough. Let it rest for about an hour. During this time, get your filling ingredients ready: butter, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Shape the cinnamon rolls: Once thedough has risen, punch it and roll the dough out into a rectangle. Spread the butter on top, then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. You can use regular white granulated sugar or brown sugar in the filling. Tightly roll up the dough and cut into 8-10 equal pieces. Place in a greased round pan and get ready to rise.
- Bake: After the cinnamon rolls are nice and puffy, apply a thin layer of mix of butter and milk. This gives a nice shine to the buns. Bake until golden brown, which is about 20 minutes. From the inside it remains soft and a bit crispy from the outside.
- Garnish & Serve: Once baked, top it up with a nice frosting made by whisking butter, sugar and sprinkle some cinnamon. Enjoy while hot.