We all struggle with managing our morning routines and more often it becomes a big task to make healthy breakfast or even have it, isn’t it? Even the lucky ones who have cooks but are in lock-down now might find it difficult to manage home, cleaning, cooking, working on office agendas… and the list is unending.. phew! For me, especially, it feels like am on a double job and it doesn’t get easier. By the time am done making, eating and cleaning breakfast stuff, it is already time for cooking lunch!
Well, it is always advised to have breakfast king-sized! And, it is true. Where else do you think your precious organs gonna get the energy to roll-up their sleeves and get you working all day? That’s right. Indian breakfast items like poha (flattened rice)are fairly light on nutrition and are lighter on the tummy too. Then a famous option that most people prefer here is Cheela (which is a thin pancake but is made in good amount of oil. Also, if there is also a lot of Indian food in your palette throughout the day, then you might want other options which are healthier and quicker to make as well.
Let’s assume you want to include superfoods in your daily diet, then, my dear, breakfast will enhance all the benefits of the nutrition you intake in your first meal after you wake up. Chia is one of the healthiest thing ever and you might not wanna miss out on the major benefits it has:
- Chia Seeds Deliver a Massive Amount of Nutrients With Very Few Calories
- Chia seeds are high in antioxidants that help protect the delicate fats in the seeds.
- Almost all of the carbohydrates in chia seeds are fiber. This gives them the ability to absorb 10–12 times their weight in water. Fiber also has various beneficial effects on health.
- Chia seeds are high in quality protein, much higher than most plant foods. Protein is the most weight loss friendly macronutrient and can drastically reduce appetite and cravings.
- Chia seeds are very high in the omega-3 fatty acid ALA.
- Chia seeds are high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and protein. All of these nutrients are essential for bone health.
Well, why it is recommended adding superfoods like chia seeds in breakfast is that though it does not have any taste of it’s own, it can be added in food items like
- Bread batter
- Muffins and cakes
In short, it is recommended to fix your morning routine and include breakfast in it, without failing. Here’s a quick recipe for an overnight chia-pudding, which I call as my Booster-Bowl for the next morning!
Booster Bowl or Breakfast Bowl
- 200 ml Plant based milk
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup (or dates or sweetener of your choice)
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence (optional)
- 1 Banana
- 1 scoop Daily supergreens (Or your protein or moringa powder)
- 2 tsp Mix of dry-fruits (crushed almonds, walnuts, cashews)
- 1 tbsp Cranberries or berries of your choice
- 2 tsp Cacao nibs
- Blend together dates, milk, vanilla essence and cocoa powder and transfer the mix into a jar or bowl of your choice.
- Add chia seeds and give it a good stir. Rest it for 5-10 minutes and stir again so that the seeds do not become sticky. Cover and keep it in your fridge overnight.
- The following morning, when you're ready for your booster bowl, remove the jar from fridge and give it a good stir.
- Add the nuts, maple syrup to it and decorate with banana, cranberries, and your green or protein powder. you can choose to blend the greens or protein powder while blending cocoa powder with milk if you don't like the taste of it.
- Sprinkle cacao nibs. You may choose to drizzle some vegan chocolate syrup for an enhanced taste. Your bowl of breakfast is ready to savour..!
This is the easiest breakfast recipe ever. It will not take any of your time in the morning while you want to catch up with other chores and setting up our work schedule. There are many ways to avoid wasting time n making breakfast, about which I shall make a separate post. The main reason why I am emphasizing on breakfast is because skipping breakfast leads to hypertension, obesity, high blood pressure. It affects the mood and how our entire day pans out. People who skip breakfast have higher blood sugar levels during lunch. Having a healthy breakfast restores the glucose levels in the body.
Hope you guys got the gist and try this simple recipe, which can become an addition of a healthy daily habit for you. Do feel free to connect or comment for any suggestions or feedback. Thank you for reading through, our health is of utmost importance!!