Rice Crispy Treats
This recipe is one of the fastest tea-time recipe and it's so delicious for the fact that it is made out of leftover rice from lunch or dinner. All you need is some extra love, tea to accompany and someone to share it with! Also, it does not require any fancy or new ingredients, so you can make it any time at any house-parties! Isn't it cool!!
- 3 cups Cooking oil (for frying)
- 2 cups Cooked rice (preferably leftover)
- 1 cup Gram flour or Besan
- 1 cup Finely chopped onions, carrot, cabbage, capsicum (or any veggies of your choice or is available)
- ½ cup Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Turmeric powder, Chilli powder, Chaat masala, Salt, Pepper, Cumin powder (as per taste)
Take all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Veggies will release water when you press the ingredients while combining.
Add 1-2 spoons water if you are not adding cabbage to the batter for combining the ingredients.
Once everything is combined well and the batter forms into a soft dough, grease your hands and roll out the dough into equal sized small balls and keep aside.
In a frying pan, heat the oil and deep fry the balls till golden brown.
Serve with chilies and tomato ketchup along with hot cup of tea!
You can also shallow fry instead of deep frying by making fritters or thin cutlets instead of balls.
Do let me know how your family enjoyed this snack during this lock-down time!